Cappadocia, ancient district in east-central Anatolia, situated on the rugged plateau north of the Taurus Mountains, in the centre of present-day Turkey. The boundaries of the region have varied throughout history. Cappadocia’s landscape includes dramatic expanses of soft volcanic rock, shaped by erosion into towers, cones, valleys, and caves. Rock-cut churches and underground tunnel complexes from the Byzantine and Islamic eras are scattered throughout the countryside.
Neolithic pottery and tools found in Cappadocia attest to an early human presence in the region. Excavations at the modern town of Kültepe have uncovered the remains of the Hittite-Assyrian city of Kanesh, dating from the 3rd. millennium bce. The tens of thousands of clay tablets recovered from the remains of an Assyrian merchant colony at Kanesh are among the oldest written documents discovered in Turkey.
One of the top destinations that deserve a place on your travel bucket list is Cappadocia for sure. To visit this city of fairy tale at fullest, Illusthrone designing a tailor-made tour. Here are some ideas you may expericence perfectly by Illusthrone.
HIGHLIGHTS IN CAPPADOCIA
- Private Hot Air Balloon Tour during sunrise over the fairy chimneys.
- Breakfast at the valley with baloons view
- Private tour at Goreme Open Air Museum, and more.
- Private wine tasting at the valley
- Pottery making class
- Private dinner at Hallac church
- Whirling Dervish Dance with orchestra
- Private Horse Riding Tour
- Private ATV Tour
- Cooking class at local house
- Private dinner at the church of Argos
- DJ & Private Party after dinner
- Private Tour at Forty Martyrs Church
- Helicopter Tour over Cappadocia
- Argos in Cappadocia
- Ariana Sustainable Luxury Lodge
- Kayakapi Premium Caves
- Sacred House